Tuesday 21 January 2014

CHRYSANTHEMUMS ON THE GREEN.

 

 

Click here for 'purchase' details.

 

 

#225

It has been quite a while since I've posted but I have been painting! I decided to try using acrylic paints instead of oils and I must say that it has been an interesting adventure! I'm using them because I like the idea that they are non toxic, are so much easier to travel with, and clean up in water. What I do have to get use to is their very quick drying time! Anyway, here is the first of my small acrylic studies...

 

7 comments:

Catharina Engberg said...

lovely lights in this painting!

Azra said...

WOW!! I can't tell the difference in quality at all. Love the turquoise and of course your unique brushwork!!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Beautiful Helen! It looks as good as oil, I can't tell the difference. I used acrylics before oils, but I'm not sure I could go back now.

Wendy Barrett said...

Love it Helen! I wouldn't have been able to tell a difference! Love the aquas and greens at the bottom.

Angela Sullivan said...

I must say I would never have known it was acrylic if you had not told me. Very nice.

Nora MacPhail said...

You made the switch to acrylics effortlessly!!

Roberta Warshaw said...

I too am trying to get used to acrylics. The glazing liquid seems to help slow down the drying at least for a few minutes! Lovely work!