Friday, 22 April 2016

LILLY, LILLY, LILLY

 

Click here for purchasing information.

 

#303 - 8 X 8 in ( 20.3 X 20.3 cm ) - Oil

It's seems so long since I've painted flowers. I really enjoyed doing these small, white lillies. Hmmm, well I really enjoyed painting the glass bottle too. I just love it when parts of the glass are lost into the background...........if I don't see an edge then I don't paint one. It's all about observation and only painting what you see, not what you know is there.

 

4 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

A delightful painting! Your colors are always so soft and understated. Love this!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

I love this Helen!! The simplicity and the brushwork is superb. I love the lost edges on the glass too!

Helen Moreda said...

Simply beautiful. The subject is not easy as I have tried many times. These are so soft and gentle. Great little painting.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You can paint the phone book!!!
An expression I have read but seeing everything you paint ending up with these wonderful Calla Lilies shows me what it means.
WONDERFUL, Helen, really wonderful!